|Milano/The New School’s Master of Science in Urban Policy Analysis and Management is changing its name to the Master of Science in Public and Urban Policy. This change is effective August 2017.
Now more than ever, there is a need for sound, data-driven public policy that upholds our values of equity and social justice. Our new name, at the same time, still prioritizes the role of urban centers in driving transformative and inclusive public policy. This name change comes as a result of speaking with our students and academic colleagues and exploring what we stand for. We believe adding “public policy” modernizes our degree name, while keeping our unique focus on “urban policy” and underscoring the relationship to our doctoral program.
Changing our name to Master of Science in Public and Urban Policy will bring together under one name and one vision our master’s and doctoral degrees, the latter of which graduated its first class of PhD’s in 2004. This fosters a more cohesive curriculum, which promotes meaningful social change through scholarship and public engagement.
- Awards & Deadlines
- Awards—Nomination & Selection Deadlines
- Best Conference Paper Award
- Best Article in the Journal of Urban Affairs
- Best Book in Urban Affairs
- Contribution to the Field of Urban Affairs
- Alma H. Young Emerging Scholar Award
- Marilyn J. Gittell Activist Scholar Award
- Mary Helen Callahan Distinguished Service Award
- Distinguished Service Honor Roll
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Aims & Scope
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Editorial Team
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Submit a Manuscript
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Submit a Book for Review
- Permissions & Copyright
- Award for Best Published Paper in the Journal of Urban Affairs
- Sign Up for JUA Content Alerts
- Journal of Urban Affairs Blog
- Job Ads