|The College of Social Sciences and Humanities at Northeastern University seeks nominations and applications from leading scholars for the position of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor, tenure/tenure-track, in the area(s) of cyber security, privacy, ethics, and resilience (all broadly defined), with an expected start date of Fall 2018.
We welcome applications from scholars working in any combination of these areas and are especially interested in those that focus on key issues in cybersecurity and privacy as they relate to applied ethics, human behavior, economics, institutions and policy. Interdisciplinary expertise in computational methods, data science, social science and/or humanities is preferred. This is an interdisciplinary position and candidates will be considered for joint appointments across suitable colleges and departments. The successful candidate will have a distinguished scholarly record and demonstrated potential for excellence in leadership and interdisciplinary collaboration.
The position will facilitate cross-college teaching, research and collaboration between the College of Social Sciences and Humanities and the College of Computer and Information Science. The position will also support the University’s commitment to innovation in teaching and contribute to the Cybersecurity & Privacy Institute (https://cyber.ccis.northeastern.edu/), the Global Resilience Institute (https://globalresilience.northeastern.edu/), and/or the Security & Resilience Studies program (https://www.northeastern.edu/cssh/polisci/security-resilience-studies/). The candidate who fills this position will share the college's commitment to fostering diverse and inclusive environments as well as to promoting experiential learning, which are central to a Northeastern University education.
Equal Employment Opportunity
How to Apply
To apply, please go to http://www.northeastern.edu/cssh/faculty-positions and click on the link for full-time positions or full-time interdisciplinary positions or if viewing this description on the Northeastern University website, click “Apply to this job.” Please address nominations and inquiries about the position to Rory Smead at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
- Awards & Deadlines
- Awards—Nomination & Selection Deadlines
- Best Conference Paper Award
- Best Article in the Journal of Urban Affairs
- Best Book in Urban Affairs
- Contribution to the Field of Urban Affairs
- Alma H. Young Emerging Scholar Award
- Marilyn J. Gittell Activist Scholar Award
- Mary Helen Callahan Distinguished Service Award
- Distinguished Service Honor Roll
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Aims & Scope
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Editorial Team
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Submit a Manuscript
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Submit a Book for Review
- Permissions & Copyright
- Award for Best Published Paper in the Journal of Urban Affairs
- Sign Up for JUA Content Alerts
- Journal of Urban Affairs Blog
- Job Ads