|Assistant or Associate Professor in Urban Design
UVA School of Architecture
The University of Virginia School of Architecture is seeking qualified candidates in Urban Design at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to contribute to the development of UVA Architecture's new post-professional Master in Urban Design program and to teach design studios/seminars in the Urban and Environmental Planning and Urban Design Certificate programs. The new interdisciplinary MUD program will be situated at the intersection of the School's Departments of Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Urban and Environmental Planning that are critically contributing to the remaking of our cities as dynamic and sustainable cultural artifacts. The School's extended network of global programs and partnerships in Spain, Italy, Germany, India, South America and China offers a polycentric urban laboratory for strategic exploration.
Candidates should exhibit proficiency in urban design and demonstrable commitment to rigorous design research and innovative curricula. Faculty members at UVA are expected to teach, develop curriculum, contribute to cross-disciplinary research initiatives and vigorously pursue high profile design research and creative production. Candidates should be accomplished urban designers able to teach graduate urban design studios and related seminar and lecture courses focused on urban history/theory, urban/geospatial analysis, smart city and regional development, parametric urban design, and/or urban ecology. Successful candidates will have a terminal degree in Architecture (March) or equivalent in related fields and extensive experience in, and/or a post-professional masters or doctorate degree in Urban Desig (MAUD/MUD or PhD). (www.arch.virginia.edu).
For more information about this faculty position (#0621804), including required application materials, and to apply for this position, visit: http://jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82877
Application Deadline: December 1, 2017
Direct inquiries to: Shelly Miller, Assistant to the Department Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Virginia is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. The search committee is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching and/or service.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/67zt6tft6x8kvvk5
- Awards & Deadlines
- Awards—Nomination & Selection Deadlines
- Best Conference Paper Award
- Best Article in the Journal of Urban Affairs
- Best Book in Urban Affairs
- Contribution to the Field of Urban Affairs
- Alma H. Young Emerging Scholar Award
- Marilyn J. Gittell Activist Scholar Award
- Mary Helen Callahan Distinguished Service Award
- Distinguished Service Honor Roll
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Aims & Scope
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Editorial Team
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Submit a Manuscript
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Submit a Book for Review
- Permissions & Copyright
- Award for Best Published Paper in the Journal of Urban Affairs
- Sign Up for JUA Content Alerts
- Journal of Urban Affairs Blog
- Job Ads