Using comprehensive knowledge conducts independent applied research and produces highly specialized and complex original research reports on topics relevant to community and economic development, consumer credit and payments, economic and personal financial education, including the effectiveness of each. Works independently in area of expertise and contributes to Reserve Bank's objective of becoming a knowledge center by writing, publishing, giving speeches and talking to outside audiences, and by contributing to Reserve Bank research and financial stability projects. Published works may include collaborative efforts with other Department or Bank staff, colleagues in other Reserve Banks, policy makers or academics. Develops relationships with other researchers and practitioners in the areas of community development, consumer credit and payments, and economic and personal financial education.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Conducts independent applied research and produces highly specialized and complex original research reports on community development, consumer financial products, and financial education.
Education and Experience:
Ph.D. in economics, finance, statistics, city planning or another quantitative social science discipline.
Knowledge and Skills:
Exceptional skills in research methodologies and analytical analysis. Thorough knowledge of and ability to independently apply economic theory and quantitative techniques. Strong knowledge of information management techniques.
Ability to work independently and guide department's research agenda.
Must be able to work long hours at a personal computer.
- Awards & Deadlines
- Awards—Nomination & Selection Deadlines
- Best Conference Paper Award
- Best Article in the Journal of Urban Affairs
- Best Book in Urban Affairs
- Contribution to the Field of Urban Affairs
- Alma H. Young Emerging Scholar Award
- Marilyn J. Gittell Activist Scholar Award
- Mary Helen Callahan Distinguished Service Award
- Distinguished Service Honor Roll
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Aims & Scope
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Editorial Team
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Submit a Manuscript
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Submit a Book for Review
- Permissions & Copyright
- Award for Best Published Paper in the Journal of Urban Affairs
- Sign Up for JUA Content Alerts
- Journal of Urban Affairs Blog
- Job Ads