|The Intercollegiate Department of Chicana/o Latina/o Studies of the Claremont Colleges
Tenure-Track Position at Pomona College
Start date 2018-2019
The Intercollegiate Department of Chicana/o Latina/o Studies of the Claremont Colleges invites applications for a tenure-track position at Pomona College at the Assistant Professor level. We are seeking a scholar in the interdisciplinary field of Chicanx-Latinx Studies with a demonstrated commitment to teaching and cutting-edge research.
A Ph.D. in Chicanx-Latinx Studies or another interdisciplinary field is preferred. While we welcome degrees from traditional disciplines, the department seeks expertise in fields other than our existing strengths in history, sociology and psychology.
The teaching load for this appointment will be four courses (2/2) annually. The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in their field of expertise and required departmental courses (on a rotating basis). The candidate will be expected to work collaboratively in an intercollegiate and interdisciplinary setting.
The successful candidate will have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving higher education for underrepresented students.
Interested candidates with PhD in hand or expected by July 2018 should submit the following via Academic Jobs Online at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/9986
Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2017. Please note: The Academic Jobs Online site is on Eastern Standard Time.
Administrative Assistant: Tami Arnold, Tami.Arnold@Pomona.edu, 909-607-3221
- Awards & Deadlines
- Awards—Nomination & Selection Deadlines
- Best Conference Paper Award
- Best Article in the Journal of Urban Affairs
- Best Book in Urban Affairs
- Contribution to the Field of Urban Affairs
- Alma H. Young Emerging Scholar Award
- Marilyn J. Gittell Activist Scholar Award
- Mary Helen Callahan Distinguished Service Award
- Distinguished Service Honor Roll
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Aims & Scope
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Editorial Team
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Submit a Manuscript
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Submit a Book for Review
- Permissions & Copyright
- Award for Best Published Paper in the Journal of Urban Affairs
- Sign Up for JUA Content Alerts
- Journal of Urban Affairs Blog
- Job Ads