|Assistant Professor, Dept of Geography
Rank: Assistant Professor
Tenure Information: Tenure Track
The Department of Geography is housed on the second floor in the new Dana Mohler-Faria Science and Mathematics Center in the Bartlett College of Science and Mathematics. The department currently has 6 full-time tenured faculty and 5 part-time faculty. On the main campus, the department has dedicated lab space for introductory and advanced physical geography, human geography, small and large GIS labs, a weather station network, a wind tunnel, and an iGlobe spherical projection system. The satellite campus in Attleboro is being developed to expand GIS classes, minor and certificate offerings to community college students and area professionals.
Bridgewater State University (BSU ) currently has 11,000 full-time students that are a mix of residential and commuter students, and a high proportion of whom are the first in their family to attend college. The university and the department have a strong commitment to diversity and social justice.
The Geography Department seeks candidates for a tenure track assistant professor. The successful candidate will have teaching and research interests in Geographic Information Systems with applications in human geography.
The candidate will teach introductory and upper level courses in GIS with an emphasis on applications of geographic information systems analysis in planning and/or the social sciences.
PhD degree in Geography or closely related discipline is required. ABD candidates will be considered.
The successful candidate should have related teaching and research experience, and a demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment.
Preference will be given to candidates specializing in urban studies, regional planning, transportation, international development, and/or environmental studies.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Posting Number: F00146P
Open Date: 10/30/2017
Close Date: 1/15/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position. For full consideration, applications must be submitted online and must include:
(1) a letter summarizing the applicant’s qualifications and fit into the BSU Department of Geography,
Names and contact information (address, phone and email address) of three referees must be provided with the application.
The final candidate will be required to provide an official transcript upon hire.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1112425
Bridgewater State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
- Awards & Deadlines
- Awards—Nomination & Selection Deadlines
- Best Conference Paper Award
- Best Article in the Journal of Urban Affairs
- Best Book in Urban Affairs
- Contribution to the Field of Urban Affairs
- Alma H. Young Emerging Scholar Award
- Marilyn J. Gittell Activist Scholar Award
- Mary Helen Callahan Distinguished Service Award
- Distinguished Service Honor Roll
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Aims & Scope
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Editorial Team
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Submit a Manuscript
- Journal of Urban Affairs | Submit a Book for Review
- Permissions & Copyright
- Award for Best Published Paper in the Journal of Urban Affairs
- Sign Up for JUA Content Alerts
- Journal of Urban Affairs Blog
- Job Ads