Submission Deadline: October 1, 2017
5 Simple Steps to Complete a Breakfast Roundtable (BRT) Discussion Submission
Step 1: Read policies and guidelines
Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Description of a Breakfast Roundtable (BRT) Discussion
- A breakfast roundtable is an informal discussion of a topic during breakfast. The discussion is led by one or more persons, but open to anyone who wishes to join in and share his or her views. Leading a roundtable is a good way to meet people who share your interests.
- Do NOT use the BRT option if you want to conduct a formal discussion with selected speakers. The formal alternative is a Colloquy session.
- Because breakfast roundtables take place in the general dining area, the use of audio-visual aids and equipment (other than a battery-operated laptop computer) is not possible.
- Due to UAA’s “one-session rule,” you should verify that each speaker has not agreed to participate in another session.
- Any person who has been given a waiver from the “one-session rule” will have written verification of their exemption. Multiple session commitments violate the “one-session rule”, and can result in forced withdrawals from your colloquy.
- You must submit your proposal using the UAA online submission system. Email submissions are not allowed and will not be reviewed.
- View sample BRT description.
- Your BRT description should state the primary subject that will be discussed. Subtopics or specific questions may help to stimulate interest.
- View a sample breakfast roundtable description for guidance in constructing an acceptable BRT description.
- Special Message to Breakfast Roundtable Discussion Organizers:
Step 2: View our proposal submission checklist
Hate surprises and wasting time? Before you begin the submission process, view our Breakfast Roundtable (BRT) Proposal Submission Checklist to find out what information is required to complete your online proposal form.
Step 3: Gather the information you will need to complete form
See Step 2.
Step 4: Submit your proposal by clicking the button below
WARNING: You CANNOT SAVE the submission form once you start to fill it out. The submission system will time you out if you take too long (e.g., more than an hour) to complete the form. So you must be fully prepared to complete the entire process in one session.
Step 5: Read and save your email confirmation
UAA will only correspond with the person(s) listed as leader/co-leader(s) of the submitted BRT.
- Once the proposal has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to the breakfast roundtable organizer. This email verifies that the proposal was successfully submitted. Please save this confirmation receipt, as it is the only proof that the submission was received.
- If a confirmation email is not received, please check junk/spam mailbox for a possible misdirected confirmation message. If you still do not see a confirmation message, please contact us at email@example.com.
Acceptance/Rejection of your proposal
All complete proposals submitted using our online submission system by October 1, 2017 will be reviewed. The review decision will be sent to the BRT leader/co-leaders’ email address(es) no later than November 30, 2017. If the BRT leader/co-leaders do not receive a decision message, it is their responsibility to contact the UAA Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please check your spam/junk folder before contacting us.
Hate surprises? Want to save time? See the proposal form before you start your submission: PDF Sample Proposal Form