Submission Deadline: October 1, 2017
5 Simple Steps to Complete an Individual Paper Submission
Step 1: Read policies and guidelines
Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Do NOT submit an individual paper proposal if you are just beginning to formulate your research. Paper presentations require findings.
- Only submit a paper proposal if you are very confident you will have findings to share by conference date.
- Not sure if you will have findings to share? Use Poster Proposal submission option instead. As a poster presenter, you will receive feedback that can help you to finalize your research.
- If you submit a paper proposal and later find that you do not have findings to share, you may request to change your presentation to a poster by contacting the UAA office (email@example.com).
- Advice to early career presenters: each year we receive negative comments about presenters who had no findings, yet chose to make a paper presentation anyway. If you choose to do this, your presentation will be remembered, but not for the best reasons!
- Do NOT submit an individual paper proposal if you have been invited to participate in a pre-organized panel. You must send your abstract directly to the organizer of your panel. The panel organizer will complete the proposal submission process.
- One Submission Only: Do NOT submit more than one abstract proposal of any kind for review.
- You must submit your abstract using the UAA online submission system. Email submissions are not allowed and will not be reviewed.
- Understand abstract guidelines and view sample abstract
- Your abstract should provide information on research question(s), methods used, and findings or anticipated outcomes. Avoid lengthy literature review.
- View a sample abstract for guidance in constructing an acceptable abstract.
Step 2: View our proposal submission checklist
Hate surprises and wasting time? Before you begin the submission process, view our Individual Paper Proposal Submission Checklist to find out what information is required to complete your online proposal form.
Step 3: Gather the information you will need to complete form
See Step 2 above.
Step 4: Submit your proposal by clicking the button below
WARNING: You CANNOT SAVE the submission form once you start to fill it out. The submission system will time you out if you take too long (e.g., more than an hour) to complete the form. So you must be fully prepared to complete the entire process in one session.
Step 5: Read and save your email confirmation
- UAA will only correspond with the person listed as the presenter of the submitted paper.
- Once the proposal has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to the presenter of the paper. This email verifies that the proposal was successfully submitted. Please save t
his confirmation receipt, as it is the only proof that the submission was received.
- If a confirmation email is not received, please check junk/spam mailbox for a possible misdirected confirmation message. If you still do not see a confirmation message, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptance/Rejection of your proposal
All complete proposals submitted using our online submission system by October 1, 2017 will be reviewed. The review decision will be sent to the presenter’s email address no later than November 30, 2017. If the presenter does not receive a decision message, it is his/her responsibility to contact the UAA Office (email@example.com). Please check your spam/junk folder before contacting us. Review decisions are NOT sent to co-authors. It is the presenter’s responsibility to let their co-authors know the outcome of the submission.
Hate surprises? Want to save time? See the proposal form before you start your submission: PDF Sample Proposal Form