Submission Deadline: October 1, 2017
5 Simple Steps to Complete an Organized Panel Submission
Step 1: Read policies and guidelines
Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Description of an Organized Panel
- An organized panel consists of three to five research papers grouped together by an organizer.
- To submit a proposal for an organized panel, an organizer must first identify and gain agreement from authors of a set of papers.
- Each paper must be presented by one of its authors. After all papers have been presented an open discussion follows with the audience.
- Due to UAA’s “one-session rule,” you should verify that each paper presenter has not agreed to participate in another session.
- Any person who has been given a waiver from the “one-session rule” will have written verification of their exemption. Multiple session commitments violate the “one-session rule”, and can result in forced withdrawals from your panel. In extreme situations, your panel may be cancelled if withdrawals result in fewer than 3 speakers.
- You must submit your proposal using the UAA online submission system. Email submissions are not allowed and will not be reviewed.
- Understand theme statement and abstract guidelines and view samples
- You are required to provide a panel theme statement that states the primary subject that will be examined through the panel presentations. Subtopics or specific questions may help to stimulate interest.
- View a sample panel theme statement for guidance in constructing an appropriate panel description.
- You must submit an abstract for each paper that provides information on research question(s), methods used, and findings or anticipated outcomes. Lengthy literature reviews are not appropriate.
- View a sample abstract for guidance in constructing an acceptable abstract.
- Special Message to Panel Organizers
Step 2: View our proposal submission checklist
Hate surprises and wasting time? Before you begin the submission process, view our Organized Panel Proposal Submission Checklist to find out what information is required to complete your online proposal form.
Step 3: Gather the information you will need to complete form
See Step 2.
Step 4: Submit your proposal by clicking the button below
WARNING: You CANNOT SAVE the submission form once you start to fill it out. The submission system will time you out if you take too long (e.g., more than an hour) to complete the form. So you must be fully prepared to complete the entire process in one session.
Step 5: Read and save your email confirmation
- UAA will only correspond with the person listed as the presenter of the submitted paper.
- Once the proposal has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to the panel organizer. This email verifies that the proposal was successfully submitted. Please save this confirmation receipt, as it is the only proof that the submission was received.
- Forward the confirmation message to each presenter on your panel. UAA does not send confirmations to your panelists. This is your responsibility!
- If a confirmation email is not received, please check junk/spam mailbox for a possible misdirected confirmation message. If you still do not see a confirmation message, please contact us at email@example.com.
Acceptance/Rejection of your proposal
All complete proposals submitted using our online submission system by October 1, 2017 will be reviewed. The review decision will be sent to the presenter’s email address no later than November 30, 2017. If the presenter does not receive a decision message, it is his/her responsibility to contact the UAA Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please check your spam/junk folder before contacting us. Review decisions are NOT sent to co-authors. It is the presenter’s responsibility to let their co-authors know the outcome of the submission.
Hate surprises? Want to save time? See the proposal form before you start your submission: PDF Sample Proposal Form (Coming Soon)