Submission Deadline: October 1, 2017
5 Simple Steps to Complete an Individual Poster Submission
Step 1: Read policies and guidelines
Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Description of Poster Presentation
- Posters are research papers that are presented visually and explained through one-on-one or small group discussions. This presentation approach is most effective for research that can be portrayed in a visually interesting manner.
- Researchers who are presenting partially completed studies, preliminary findings, or pilot studies may find this presentation format most beneficial for receiving feedback on their ideas and analysis.
- See poster guidelines for presentation and design details
- One Submission Only: Do NOT submit more than one abstract proposal of any kind for review.
- You must submit your abstract using the UAA online submission system. Email submissions are not allowed and will not be reviewed.
- Understand abstract guidelines and view sample abstract
- Your abstract should provide information on research question(s), methods used, and findings or anticipated outcomes. Avoid lengthy literature review.
- View a sample abstract for guidance in constructing an acceptable abstract.
Step 2: View our proposal submission checklist
Hate surprises and wasting time? Before you begin the submission process, view our Poster Proposal Submission Checklist to find out what information is required to complete your online proposal form.
Step 3: Gather the information you will need to complete form
See Step 2 above.
Step 4: Submit your proposal by clicking the button below
WARNING: You CANNOT SAVE the submission form once you start to fill it out. The submission system will time you out if you take too long (e.g., more than an hour) to complete the form. So you must be fully prepared to complete the entire process in one session.
Step 5: Read and save your email confirmation
- UAA will only correspond with the person listed as the presenter of the submitted poster.
- Once the proposal has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to the presenter of the poster. This email verifies that the proposal was successfully submitted. Please save this confirmation receipt, as it is the only proof that the submission was received.
- If a confirmation email is not received, please check junk/spam mailbox for a possible misdirected confirmation message. If you still do not see a confirmation message, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptance/Rejection of your proposal
All complete proposals submitted using our online submission system by October 1, 2017 will be reviewed. The review decision will be sent to the presenter’s email address no later than November 30, 2017. If the presenter does not receive a decision message, it is his/her responsibility to contact the UAA Office (email@example.com). Please check your spam/junk folder before contacting us. Review decisions are NOT sent to co-authors. It is the presenter’s responsibility to let their co-authors know the outcome of the submission.
Hate surprises? Want to save time? See the proposal form before you start your submission: PDF Sample Proposal Form