Lecturer with Security of Employment (Teaching Professor) – 2 Positions – Urban Studies and Planning
University of California, San Diego
The https://usp.ucsd.edu/ within the Division of Social Sciences at UC San Diego is a new department founded with a commitment to excellence and diversity in the faculty, staff, and student body. We are inviting applications for two (2) Associate Teaching Professors to begin July 1, 2020.
These are teaching-focused positions that confer membership in the Academic Senate and carry security of employment that is equivalent to tenure. Appointment and promotion in this series are based on teaching excellence, educational leadership, professional achievement, and university and public service.
The individuals hired into these positions will provide guidance, leadership, and innovation for our fast-growing undergraduate programs in (1) urban studies and planning and (2) real estate and development. In addition to teaching core courses, they will lead the development and assessment of new educational initiatives and experiential learning opportunities in collaboration with community and university partners in the San Diego region and abroad.
To be considered, candidates must have a PhD in Urban and Regional Planning or a related field and college-level teaching experience. A successful candidate will be an outstanding educator who has demonstrated excellence and innovation in undergraduate teaching and demonstrated experience developing undergraduate curriculum either in urban studies and planning or in real estate and development. Preference will be given to candidates with experience developing new educational initiatives and experiential learning opportunities in collaboration with community and university partners in the San Diego region and abroad.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
Applications received by September 15, 2019 will be given full consideration. However, positions remain open until filled. Applicants should submit all application materials electronically via UC San Diego’s Academic Personnel On-Line RECRUIT system (https://apptrkr.com/1520117).
For applicants interested in spousal/partner employment, please visit the UC San Diego https://aps.ucsd.edu/services/
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
San Diego, CA
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Scholarship/Educational Leadership – Achievements described can be in any area, but should include future plans for scholarship and educational leadership.
- Statement of Teaching – Description of teaching accomplishments, pedagogy and future plans.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our http://facultydiversity.ucsd.
edu/recruitment/contributions- to-diversity.htmlsite for more information.
- Documentation of Teaching Excellence – E.g., instructional materials developed by the candidate, summaries of teaching evaluations, links to on-line instructional segments, or reprints of scholarly articles related to pedagogy.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.