The Urban and Local Politics section of the American Political Science Association invites nominations for its awards:
- The Best Dissertation Award recognizes the best dissertation on urban politics accepted in the previous year.
- The Byran Jackson Dissertation Research Award recognizes the outstanding scholarship by a graduate student studying racial and ethnic politics in an urban setting.
- The Clarence Stone Scholar Award recognizes up to two young scholars who are making a significant contribution to the study of urban politics.
- The Dennis Judd Best Book Award recognizes the best book on urban politics published in the previous year.
- The Norton Long Career Achievement Award is presented annually to a scholar who has made distinguished contributions to the study of urban politics over the course of a career through scholarly publication, the mentoring of students, and public service.
- The Susan Clarke Young Scholar Award recognizes scholars who completed their Ph.D. within the last three years (or are ABDs) and submitted a paper proposal for the 2020 APSA meeting.
Please submit application materials to the committees directly before March 15, 2020. Names and email addresses of award committee members, and nomination instructions, are listed at https://connect.apsanet.org/