Nomination deadline: October 15, 2021 (11:59pm CST)
In 2014, the Urban Affairs Association (UAA) inaugurated the Contribution to the Field of Urban Affairs Award to recognize individuals whose body of work has contributed to defining the field.
The individual(s) selected for this award will be recognized for significantly shaping the field of Urban Affairs based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Scholarship in urban affairs that influences the thinking of academics and practitioners over an extended career;
- Significant teaching and mentoring of junior scholars; or
- Distinguished professional service that advances the work of urban affairs practitioners.
The award recipient receives a plaque, lifetime UAA membership, and complimentary registration for all UAA conferences (valued at $400+ each year). The award recipient will also participate in a special session at the annual UAA conference to share her/his research, its findings and implications for practice and policy.
The plaque will be presented at the annual awards reception held during the spring UAA conference. Following the conference, a press release will be prepared announcing the winner.
Nominations can be made online by any UAA member (See button below). To complete the nomination form, you will need to provide:
- Nominee’s information: provide the nominee’s name, institutional affiliation and email address;
- Nominee’s curriculum vita: provide a recent copy of your nominee’s vita; and,
- Three (3) letters of support. Each letter must be no more than 1500 words in length. Do NOT include more than three letters. Only three letters will be forwarded to the award committee for review. You must upload all three letters in order to complete the nomination form. Incomplete nomination forms will not be forwarded for review.
Repeat Nominations Welcome
Individuals who have been previously nominated, but not selected for the award, may be re-nominated at any time. There are no limits on the number of times a person is nominated. To re-nominate an individual, simply follow the nomination instructions above.
Questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org