Nomination deadline: October 15, 2021 (11:59pm CST)
In 2009, the UAA Governing Board established a new permanent award that celebrates the distinguished service and leadership of Mary Helen Callahan, Executive Director of UAA from 1980 until 2000.
The award will be given on a periodic basis to an individual who has provided an outstanding record of service to UAA and/or the field of urban affairs. We are looking for nominees who have distinguished themselves in one or more of the following areas:
- exceptional and impactful service to the Urban Affairs Association;
- engagement outside the academy; or
- distinguished professional service that advances the work of urban affairs practitioners.
The award recipient receives a plaque, lifetime UAA membership, and complimentary registration for all UAA conferences (valued at $400+ each year). The plaque will be presented at the annual awards reception held during the spring UAA conference. Following the conference, a press release will be prepared announcing the winner.
Nominations can be made online by any UAA member. To complete the nomination form, you will need to:
- provide the nominee’s name, institutional affiliation and email address and
- provide three (3) letters of support. Do NOT include more than three letters. Only three letters will be forwarded to the award committee for review.
Repeat Nominations Welcome
Individuals who have been previously nominated, but not selected for the award, may be re-nominated at any time. There are no limits on the number of times a person is nominated. To re-nominate an individual, simply follow the nomination instructions above.
Questions: Please contact the UAA Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org