Entrepreneurship Issue Forum
Join us Thursday, October 28 at 10 a.m. CT for the Entrepreneurship Issue Forum, Entrepreneurship and Inclusive Prosperity: Spotlighting Rural America.
This forum will focus on the current landscape of entrepreneurship in rural areas across the country. Panelists will discuss the unique challenges rural areas are facing that affect entrepreneurs’ abilities to start, grow, and sustain a business, as well as innovative and promising solutions emerging to meet these challenges.
Panelists will share their experiences working to support entrepreneurs in rural areas and the lessons that have emerged through this work. Panelists will also highlight what we are learning from research about entrepreneurship in rural areas, and what this means for practice and policy.
Early-Stage Researcher Professional Development Series
The next virtual Early-Stage Researcher Professional Development session will take place on Friday, October 29 at 1 p.m. CT with mentors Linda Edelman (Bentley University) and Chris Rider (University of Michigan). This series is open to 18 early-stage researchers, providing an opportunity to connect with research mentors to discuss research approaches, professional development, and the research career trajectory.
Plain Language: Executive Summaries Workshop
Have you ever wanted to share your research with experts and decision-makers in a way that grabs their attention? This free, virtual Executive Summaries Workshop will share strategies for:
- defining the target audience(s) for scholarly research,
- leveraging smart information design to create useable and persuasive documents, and
- applying sentence-level edits to improve the readability of your work.
The next workshop will be held Nov. 9 at 2 p.m. CT.
2018 Kauffman Knowledge Challenge Showcase
Join us November 3 from 10:00 AM to Noon CT to learn more about the work of the 2018 Kauffman Knowledge Challenge Grantees. In 2018, Kauffman provided 32 grants to provide more specific answers for what works for entrepreneurs. Research from this cohort of grantees include projects on four topic areas:
- New Nature of Entrepreneurship projects to explore how new markets are emerging and test new program designs.
- Barriers to Entrepreneurship projects seek to understand the barriers to entrepreneurship and where they come from.
- Program Design and Policy Intervention and Implementation projects to show how policy outcomes affect entrepreneurs.
- Ecosystem and External Environment for Entrepreneurship projects to look at how ecosystems operate.