The Center for Urban and Global Studies (CUGS) at Trinity College in Connecticut invites applications for the Jeff Kelter Postdoctoral Fellowship, beginning in Fall 2022. Supported by endowed funds, this position seeks outstanding recent PhDs to teach and research at a nationally-ranked liberal arts college in a city. The candidate should have completed the PhD by August 2022 or have received a PhD no earlier than 2017, in urban studies, urban planning, urban design, geography, sociology, anthropology, public policy, or another urban studies related discipline. The postdoctoral fellow will teach one undergraduate course during each of Trinity’s two semesters, with a preference for a focus on cities of North America from a global-comparative perspective. Courses on urban planning, housing, land use, real estate, and/or spatial analysis are welcome. These courses would be integral to the growing Urban Studies program/major and can be cross-listed with the department or program of the fellow’s discipline. One of the two courses may be part of the Cities Program for first-year students. In addition, the fellow is expected to carry out their research while participating in and assisting CUGS’ research projects and activities. The position carries a competitive salary and benefits with a small research fund, and can be renewed for a second year.
The candidate should have completed a PhD by August 2022 or have received a PhD no earlier than 2017, in urban studies, urban planning, urban design, geography, sociology, anthropology, public policy, or another urban studies related discipline.
All applications must include the following and are due by February 15, 2021.
- A detailed application letter describing the teaching expertise as stated above, and research interests.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- A writing sample, preferably a published or forthcoming journal article, or a crucial chapter of the dissertation.
- Contact information for two individuals who will submit letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the primary dissertation adviser.
- Sample syllabi for two or three undergraduate courses that are focused in the areas specified above (combined as one PDF).
- Applicants will be asked to list contact information for reference providers, including email addresses. Once a completed dossier is submitted, automatic emails will be generated to each reference provider, directing each referee to a unique URL where they must go to upload a letter of recommendation. Applicants using Interfolio (or other dossier service) should provide the appropriate unique Interfolio email address for each reference letter writer.
Applicants who require an H-1B visa cannot be considered for temporary positions. Applicants for non-tenure-track, temporary positions who require sponsorship for visas other than an H-1B visa will be required to pay all costs associated with visa applications.
Trinity College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to attracting and supporting faculty who fully represent the racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity of the United States. We seek applications from minorities, women, and other under-represented groups.
Trinity College requires proof of COVID19 vaccination or an approved exemption prior to beginning employment.