Job title: Community Development Managing Associate (Community Science)
Hiring institution: Community Science
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland | United States
Application deadline: 03/06/2023
Apply directly: https://communityscience.com/applicantpro/job/Maryland/Gaithersburg/Community-Development-Managing-Associate/2739580/
Managing Associate for Equitable Community Development Research and Evaluation
Community Science’s mission is to help build the capacity of organizations and institutions to develop healthy, just, and equitable communities. We study and promote equitable community and system change. Our evaluation and research services are designed to develop the knowledge necessary to address social problems in a way that benefits all communities. Our other primary services include research and evaluation, strategy development, capacity-building products, and assistance such as consultation, training, webinars, applications, and guides for practitioners.
The Equitable Community Development Managing Associate position is a remote role that will work closely with our team in Gaithersburg, MD. This role requires someone who is passionate about supporting and creating equitable communities through strong evaluation, research, and capacity building. Competencies and experience is expected in strategies that use place-based, systems change (e.g. community organizing or advocacy), or environmental approaches intended to advance economic and housing equity in urban and/or rural settings and promote a healthy quality of life for all community members. Expertise specifically around small business development, community economic development, wealth building, and connecting young persons to employment and economic opportunities are of particular interest We lead with integrity and honesty in our scientific methods and in our business practices. Our priority is to advance equity and justice by transforming foundations, government agencies, and nonprofits nationwide and beyond through our work.
- Provide evaluation and evaluation capacity building services to government, foundations, nonprofits and other organizations.
- Ensure technical quality control over assigned research, evaluation, and other services or tasks.
- Professionally manage Community Science projects and tasks people and budgets.
- Organize and analyze complex data and summarize and present findings.
- Write and produce reports and presentations for scientists, practitioners, and the public; and work with other senior staff on proposal writing and conducting marketing activities.
- Masters in a social science, or related field with a minimum of seven years of relevant experience.
- Strong evaluation, research, and capacity building competencies and experience in strategies that use place-based, systems change, or environmental approaches intended to advance equitable economic and housing, opportunities in urban and/or rural settings and promote a healthy quality of life for all community members.
- Staff supervisory experience and skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in mixed methods evaluation i.e., both qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Analysis skills, including ability to supervise the use of computer analysis tools e.g., STATA or other analytic software, Atlas.ti, Arc GIS, R;
- Successful experience conducting research or evaluation cross culturally
- Strong communication written and verbal skills; and
- Ability to travel.
- Doctoral degree
- Knowledge and experience with community organizing and other power building approaches
- Experience in a professional services or consulting organization
- Demonstrated experience in organizational learning through evaluation capacity building as well as familiarity with this field of practice
- Adult education, facilitation, and group dynamics training and experience.
Salary and Benefits:
Community Science offers a competitive total compensation package that, for this position, includes base pay with an annual target between $115,000 and $135,000 (negotiable, based on qualifications), along with a comprehensive benefits program. Community Science’s benefits include health, dental, prescription drug and vision plans; retirement plan with company match; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays; opportunities and an extensive professional development program that includes funding and other opportunities
Community Science is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a culturally diverse staff to enhance our ability to work with different communities.