CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Special Track on Urban Issues in
Asia and the Pacific Rim
49th Annual Conference of the Urban Affairs Association
Los Angeles, California | April 24-27, 2019 | Luskin Conference Center
Deadline for Abstract/Proposal Submission:
October 1, 2018 11:59pm (CDT) or 4:59am (GMT)
(Late submissions are not accepted)
Track Committee: Dr. Cathy Yang Liu, Georgia State University (Chair), Dr. Bligh Grant, University of Technology Sydney, Dr. Canfei He, Peking University, Dr. Shenjing He, University of Hong Kong, Dr. Xuefei Ren, Michigan State University
Today, Asia and the Pacific Rim are the focal points of world urbanization with increasing population concentration and economic activities in small, medium, large, and mega-cities. Rapid and massive demographic shifts, economic restructuring, social change, and environmental deterioration are accompanying the urbanization process in this region and are creating unique opportunities and challenges. Urban scholars, planners, and policy practitioners are well positioned to contribute to the understanding of these diverse and complex urban dynamics and to examine the emerging outcomes of various policy innovations.
The Urban Affairs Association (UAA) is North America’s leading urban policy research association. For more than forty years, the UAA conference has brought together researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas on various urban issues. In light of the growing importance of Asia and Pacific Rim and because of the conference location in Los Angeles, the 2019 UAA conference will include a Special Track on Urban Issues in Asia and Pacific Rim. We welcome theoretical and empirical submissions to the following and other related themes:
- Arts, Culture, Creative Economy
- City Management, Urban and Regional Governance
- Disaster Planning, Emergency Management, and Resilient Cities
- Education, Schools, Higher Education Institutions
- Housing Policy, Land Development, Property Rights, and Community Development
- Local Public Finance, Urban Fiscal Issues
- Megacities, Mega-regions, Megaprojects and City Networks
- Migration, Population Dynamics, Diversity, Inclusion/Exclusion
- Poverty and Inequality, Welfare and Social Services
- Smart Cities, Information Technology, and Big Data
- Sustainable Urban Development, Low-carbon Cities, Energy and the Environment
- Transportation, Infrastructure, and Regional Development
- Urban Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Urban Form and Spatial Structure, Urban, Suburban and Rural Growth and Linkages
- Urban Labor Markets and Employment
- Urban Planning, Design and Architecture
- Urban Redevelopment, Historic Preservation, Tourism, Economic Development
Please read all submission and conference policy guidelines before submitting your proposal or abstract. To be considered for this track, you must choose: Special Track: Urban Issues in Asia and the Pacific Rim under the Topical Category section when you submit abstract online. We welcome paper submissions, as well as pre-organized panel and colloquium submissions.
For questions specifically regarding the special track, please contact committee chair Dr. Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org For general questions about the conference, please use the resources listed below.
Getting Information About the 2019 UAA Conference
- To receive conference news updates, sign-up for our news alerts at https://urbanaffairsassociation.org/sign-up-for-uaa-community-news/
- Questions? Visit the UAA website: https://urbanaffairsassociation.org/conference/ (for info on abstract or session proposal submissions, registration, hotel reservations, etc.).
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Many conference-related questions have been asked before, so you may find your answer by using the conference FAQ search tool.
If the website and the FAQ tool do not provide the answers or information you need, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1-414-229-3025.