Chapter and Member Benefits
Benefits of Establishing a Chapter of Upsilon Sigma
There are several benefits to academic units that establish a chapter of Upsilon Sigma. These include the ability to:
- Set standards of academic achievement that will reward students formally for their excellence in scholarship;
- Expand opportunities for student leadership and professional development;
- Join a broad network of UAA’s Institutional Members that gives international and national exposure to your chapter activities through UAA website and social media outlets;
- Provide a campus-based network for high-achieving students;
- Connect students to a national network of emerging urban scholars through UAA conferences and online communications;
- Increase student-faculty interactions and opportunities for collaborative activities; and,
- Promote engagement in service learning activities.
Students’ Benefits of Becoming a Member of Upsilon Sigma
- Students who are inducted into Upsilon Sigma chapters shall be granted the right to identify themselves as honor society members.
- Each inductee will receive an official certificate of membership. This distinction will add a unique element to a student’s record and give clear indication of significant academic achievements.
- Membership in Upsilon Sigma will give students access to both campus-based and national networks of fellow honor society members.
- Student members will be eligible for special discounts to become UAA members and to attend annual UAA conferences. Additional benefits may be provided by local chapters of the Society.