There are several options available to book authors for promoting their recent (within last two years) or forthcoming books at UAA’s annual conferences.
- If you are a single author, you may wish to organize a formal discussion of your book’s theme(s) by submitting a proposal for an Organized Colloquy. Note: You must solicit and get participation commitment from at least three additional commentators before submitting a proposal. Find detailed information about the Organized Colloquy.
- If you are an author of an edited volume, you may wish to organize a formal discussion of your book’s theme(s) by submitting a proposal for an Organized Colloquy. Note: You must solicit and get participation commitment from at least two of the other authors of the edited volume OR commentators before submitting a proposal. Find detailed information about the Organized Colloquy.
- If you are a book author who wishes to lead an informal book talk, you may submit a proposal for a Breakfast Roundtable (BRT). Note: Because BRTs are scheduled during breakfast, attendance is unpredictable. Find detailed information about the Breakfast Roundtable.
- Book authors may also arrange to have their books promoted at the conference through Association Book Exhibit (ABE), a marketing and exhibit services company for book publishers. ABE has been displaying books at UAA annual conferences for over 30 years. Should you wish to utilize ABE’s exhibit services, you must contact your publisher’s representative and have him/her contract with ABE to promote your book at our conference. Find more information on the Association Book Exhibit web site.
- A book author may provide a flyer promoting the book to UAA for display on our annual “freebies” table. This is an open table located in the Book Exhibit area. The table is not staffed. Anyone can take materials placed on the table. There is no fee for this service. Interested persons should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A book author or publisher may have an advertising insert placed into UAA conference bags for a fee. The fees are established each year and available for review under Advertisers Info on the UAA website.
- If your publisher is a UAA Exhibitor, you may wish to make arrangements with your publisher for a Book Signing in the UAA Exhibit area. Your publisher can arrange for advertising for the event using the UAA online/print program and/or conference bag insert. The signing event would occur at your publisher’s exhibit table.