Submission Deadline: October 1, 2017
5 Simple Steps to Complete a Colloquy Submission
Step 1: Read policies and guidelines
Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Description of a Colloquy
- A colloquy is a structured, formal discussion of a topic by a few selected individuals (typically four or five speakers). Each individual speaker makes prepared comments. After all speakers have spoken, they then engage in an open discussion with the audience.
- Colloquy speakers do not present written papers or in-depth research findings. Instead, speakers draw upon their general knowledge, and experience of the subject being discussed.
- To organize a colloquy, you must decide on a topic and obtain an agreement from at least three other individuals who are willing to participate in the discussion, and identify a moderator.
- Due to UAA’s “one-session rule,” you should verify that each speaker has not agreed to participate in another session.
- Any person who has been given a waiver from the “one-session rule” will have written verification of their exemption. Multiple session commitments violate the “one-session rule”, and can result in forced withdrawals from your colloquy.
- One Submission Only: Do NOT submit more than one abstract proposal of any kind for review.
- You must submit your proposal using the UAA online submission system. Email submissions are not allowed and will not be reviewed.
- View sample colloquy theme description
- Your colloquy description should state the general topic of the discussion, any specific sub-topics, and other proposed elements (e.g., key questions to be posed) that may be of interest to an audience.
- View a sample colloquy theme description for guidance in constructing an acceptable colloquy description/summary.
- Special Message to Colloquy Organizers
Step 2: View our proposal submission checklist
Hate surprises and wasting time? Before you begin the submission process, view our Colloquy Proposal Submission Checklist to find out what information is required to complete your online proposal form.
Step 3: Gather the information you will need to complete form
See Step 2 above.
Step 4: Submit your proposal by clicking the button below
WARNING: You CANNOT SAVE the submission form once you start to fill it out. The submission system will time you out if you take too long (e.g., more than an hour) to complete the form. So you must be fully prepared to complete the entire process in one session.
Step 5: Read and save your email confirmation
- UAA will only correspond with the persons listed as speakers of the submitted colloquy.
- Once the proposal has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to the colloquy organizer. This email verifies that the proposal was successfully submitted. Please save this confirmation receipt, as it is the only proof that the submission was received.
- If a confirmation email is not received, please check junk/spam mailbox for a possible misdirected confirmation message. If you still do not see a confirmation message, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptance/Rejection of your proposal
All complete proposals submitted using our online submission system by October 1, 2017 will be reviewed. The review decision will be sent to the colloquy speakers’ email address(es) no later than November 30, 2017. If the colloquy speakers do not receive a decision message, it is their responsibility to contact the UAA Office (email@example.com). Please check your spam/junk folder before contacting us.
Hate surprises? Want to save time? See the proposal form before you start your submission: PDF Sample Proposal Form