2016 Award Nominations Deadline: December 19, 2016
Award decision: February 15, 2017
In 2014, the Urban Affairs Association (UAA) inaugurated the Contribution to the Field of Urban Affairs Award to recognize individuals whose body of work has contributed to defining the field. One or more awards will be given annually at the UAA spring conference. The individual(s) will be recognized for significantly shaping the field of Urban Affairs based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Scholarship in urban affairs that influences the thinking of academics and practitioners over an extended career;
- Significant teaching and mentoring of junior scholars; and,
- Distinguished professional service that advances the work of urban affairs practitioners.
Award recipients receive a plaque, lifetime UAA membership, and complimentary registration for the UAA conference (at which the award is presented).
Nomination for the award consists of the following items:
- At least one nomination letter (on letterhead), but no more than three, from a current UAA member: Letter(s) should address the nominee’s body of work and describe the individual’s contributions. A recent copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae should accompany the letter.
- Individuals who have been previously nominated, but not selected for the award, may be re-nominated with updated materials.
Award Selection Procedures
All nominations will be reviewed by the Recognitions Committee of the UAA, which is appointed by the Chairperson of the Governing Board. The Committee will report its recommendation to the UAA Governing Board Chair who will seek final ratification by the UAA Board. Once the decision is finalized, the UAA Executive Director informs all applicants and nominators of the Board’s decision. Award decisions will be made no later than one month prior to the Annual Meeting.
Submission of Nomination & Support Materials
Nomination/support letter(s), as well as the nominee’s vitae should be confidential (sent directly to the UAA office by the nominator(s). These materials must be submitted electronically.
- Letter(s) of nomination/support on letterhead, signed, and scanned to a pdf file.
- A vitae for the nominated person must be submitted in MS WORD or pdf format.
All nominations materials must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the UAA Executive Office at email@example.com or (414) 229-3025.